Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Giving back

Last year at this time my school was secretly preparing this surprise Christmas present for a student diagnosed with cancer.  
Here is the video:
I can't help but tear up every single time the camera pans through the entry way to the gym.

Sadly, we lost Sophia earlier this year.  Sophia's message of courage, love and strength shines on in so many of these young people.  I remember the beautiful visitation that honored Sophia's life - the room was full of her family, friends and teachers.  There were smiles in between the tears and support for all.  I was so sad for her loss and also for those young friends of hers who should not have had to lose such a light in their lives.

I knew her through running the hair and make-up crew for the annual musical - I always put on her fake eyelashes and glitter for her role in Jesus Christ Superstar.  She was also so happy, so grateful and soooo much fun!
She has been and will continue to be dearly missed, but never forgotten.  We smile when we see 11:11 AM on the clock, the time that she passed away.


On Sunday, December 14th I will be donating 100% of my earnings to the Ronald McDonald House that helped Sophia's family so much during her treatment. I hope that you will help yourself to some great resources from myself and my friends. You'll be helping so many families this holiday season.

Please visit my TpT store and those of my friends involved in giving back this Sunday.
Thank you for your support and to Erica Colon of Nitty Gritty Science for organizing this,
Michelle



1 comment:

  1. That video gave me goosebumps and reminded me why I love being a teacher!! Thank you for that and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...