Twitter Board In Action

My pin for how to create this Twitter Board using the Silhouette Cameo <3 has over 400 repins!  Wow!  How cool is that?!

Original Post
Pin

I want to show you all the finished product, and how I use it in class.


 I used the twitter birds that I cut out using the Cameo and arranged them onto 2 pieces of black paper that I cut from a single sheet of Bristol Board.  I also found the twitter font!  I had to alter the e and s myself to make it look good, but that was really easy to do on the Silhouette Studio software.
On another Bristol Board that was cut into two pieces, I have room for the Top Tweets from the last round of tweeting, and the most intelligent Science-related tweets on the #sciencerules board.  These tweets stay around longer than on the other two boards.

 The kiddos put their tweets on the board in order. Since the twitter birds are all numbered, I know when all of the kiddos have stuck their tweets up.  The posters themselves are laminated and on the cupboards by the door, so the kids can put them up as they leave too.
The kids were tweeting about what was wrong in the film Gravity. that we went to see together.
I designed these sticky notes on PowerPoint and then uploaded them to Vistaprint.ca.  I initially got 10 pads of sticky notes for $25 all in with shipping.  

All-in-all, this is going to take at least a couple of hours to do start to finish, and that's with the help of the Silhouette Cameo.  Is it worth it?  I would tweet:

I love my twitter board and the exit sticky notes my students use!
#silhouettecameo #sciencerules




1 comment

  1. I really like this idea; it makes me miss my own classroom. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...